Used HPE HP BLc7000 (8)x BL460G7 Blades (1) E5620 2.4GHz CPU 8GB RAM (2)x 146GB SAS (6) 2400W PSU Base Server Bundle
An HPE BladeSystem solution starts with either a BladeSystem c7000 or c3000 enclosure. For the c7000 enclosure, key enclosure options include hot-plug power supplies, power input module, hot-plug HPE Active Cool Fans, and an optional redundant BladeSystem Onboard Administrator module. Once the enclosure and its key components have been selected, the following components can be added: interconnect modules, HPE ProLiant or Integrity server blades, expansion blades, and HPE OneView or Insight Control management software.
HP BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure
HPE BladeSystem c-Class c7000 Enclosure:
c-Class c7000 Enclosure An HPE BladeSystem solution starts with either a BladeSystem c7000 or c3000 enclosure. For the c7000 enclosure, key enclosure options include hot-plug power supplies, power input module, hot-plug HPE Active Cool Fans, and an optional redundant BladeSystem Onboard Administrator module. Once the enclosure and its key components have been selected, the following components can be added: interconnect modules, HPE ProLiant or Integrity server blades, expansion blades, and HPE OneView or Insight Control management software.
NOTE: Insight Control is not supported with Gen10 server blades.
A BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure holds up to 16 server blades and up to 8 compute, storage or workstation blades plus redundant network and storage interconnects. It includes a shared, multi-terabit high-speed midplane for wire-once connectivity of server blades to network and shared storage. Power is delivered through a pooled power backplane that ensures the full capacity of the redundant hot-plug power supplies is available to all system components.
Each c7000 enclosure is built with the following functions:
- Up to 16 half-height server blades, 8 full-height server blades, and/or 8 expansion blades per enclosure (not exceeding 16 total blades). NOTE: For information on mixing half-height server blades, full-height server blades, and expansion blades, please see the section titled "Device Bay and Fan Bay Numbering and Population Guidelines" later in this document.
- Up to 4 redundant interconnect I/O fabrics (Ethernet, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, iSCSI, SAS, etc.) supported simultaneously within the enclosure.
- Choice of single-phase high-line AC, three-phase high-line AC, single-phase high voltage AC, -48V DC, or high voltage DC power options for flexibility in connecting to datacenter power.
- HPE Thermal Logic technology to minimize power consumption and reduce cooling.A minimum of four hot-plug HPE Active Cool 200 Fans. For additional capacity, redundancy, and improved power consumption and acoustics, Active Cool 200 Fan kits can be added for a maximum of 10 fans.Redundant hot-plug cooling, redundant hot-plug power supplies, redundant connections, redundant interconnect modules, and optional redundant BladeSystem Onboard Administrator management module.
A BladeSystem Onboard Administrator management module is built in to the enclosure with the following functions:
- Robust, multiple enclosure setup and control.
- Reports asset and inventory information for the devices in the enclosure.
- Reports thermal and power information, including real-time actual power usage per server and per enclosure.
- Front-mounted Insight Display for easy management within the datacenter.
- Integrated access to all server blade iLOs from a single cable.
- Provides integrated access to interconnect bay device management ports from the single BladeSystem Onboard Administrator cable.
- Single sign-on capability for all devices in the enclosure
- Role-based security locally and/or with LDAP directory services.
- Provides a wizard-based initial setup process for easy configuration.
A BladeSystem c7000 enclosure provides the following benefits:
- With local and remote hardware management integrated across the solution, one full enclosure can be managed as easily as one server.
- Management and network interconnects extend scalability beyond a single enclosure, allowing resources to be pooled and shared across multiple enclosures.
- Accommodates multiple server and network designs in one enclosure.
- Lower costs per server in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Lower power consumption in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Lower airflow requirements in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Reduced and simplified cabling in comparison to rack-mounted servers.
- Investment protection supporting G1 through Gen9 server blades.
HPE BladeSystem c-Class c3000 Enclosure:
For customers that need a smaller blade system, the HPE BladeSystem c-Class c3000 Enclosure is the perfect solution. Supporting up to 8 blades and 4 interconnects, the c3000 enclosure provides an ideal solution for small and medium businesses and remote sites.
HPE ProLiant & Integrity Server Blades:
Delivering best-in-class performance, choice and reliability on Intel® Xeon® and Intel® Itanium ® processors for Windows, Linux, Solaris, OpenVMS or HP-UX based servers; the HPE portfolio of server blades supports a variety of application requirements for scale-out architectures. Hewlett Packard Enterprise offers one-, two-, four- , or eight processor server blades, with the widest range of performance, and form factors.
HPE D2200sb Storage Blade:
Do you need a direct attached or shared storage solution within your BladeSystem enclosure?
Direct attached storage
The D2220sb Storage Blade delivers direct attached storage for c-Class Gen8 and greater server blades with support for up to twelve hot plug small form factor (SFF) SAS or SATA Midline hard disk drives or SAS/SATA SSDs. The enclosure backplane provides a PCI Express connection to an adjacent c-Class server blade and enables high performance storage access without any additional cables. The D2220sb Storage Blade features an onboard Smart Array P420i controller with 2GB flash-backed write cache for increased performance and data protection. Up to eight D2220sb storage devices can be supported in a single BladeSystem c7000 Enclosure for up to 115.2 TB of capacity.
Two ways to create shared storage with the D2220sb
Use HPE StoreVirtual VSA software to turn the D2220sb into an iSCSI SAN for use by all servers in the enclosure and any server on the network. HPE VSA software is installed in a virtual machine on a VMware ESX host server adjacent to the D2220sb. HPE StoreVirtual VSA turns the D2220sb into a scalable and robust iSCSI SAN, featuring storage clustering for scalability, network RAID for storage failover, thin provisioning, snapshots, remote replication, and cloning. Expand capacity within the same enclosure or to other BladeSystem enclosures by adding additional D2220sb Storage Blades and HPE VSA licenses. A cost effective bundle of the D2220sb Storage Blade and a HPE StoreVirtual VSA license makes purchasing convenient. If storage needs increase, add HPE P4300 or P4500 systems externally and manage everything via a single pane of glass.
The HPE StoreEasy 3830 and 3840 Gateway Storage Blades are flexible storage server solutions for BladeSystem environments. Combine the StoreEasy 3830 or 3840 with the D2220sb Storage Blade to enable file serving and iSCSI shared storage inside the BladeSystem enclosure.
NOTE: The D2220sb requires a c7000 Enclosure configuration with 10 fans.
NOTE: The D2220sb is compatible only with Gen8 and Gen9 server blades.
HPE Ultrium Tape Blades:
Tape blades are ideal for HPE BladeSystem c-Class customers who need a data protection solution but are not connected into a storage area network (SAN). They provide direct attach data protection for the adjacent server and network backup protection for all other data within the enclosure. The HPE tape blades are the industry's first bladed tape drives and are developed exclusively for the BladeSystem c-Class enclosures.
Dynamic Power Capping:
HPE Dynamic Power Capping is the industry's first power capping solution that lets you reclaim trapped power and cooling capacity without putting electrical infrastructure or server performance at risk. The enclosure Dynamic Power Cap will be shared amongst all of the installed devices and individual server caps will be changed to match the server load. This will optimize the performance of the servers while ensuring that the enclosure stays below the cap value.
Rack Airflow Requirements:
Rack 10000 G2 series cabinets
The increasing power of new high-performance processor technology requires increased cooling efficiency for rack-mounted servers. The G2 10000 Series Racks provide enhanced airflow for maximum cooling, allowing these racks to be fully loaded with servers using the latest processors.
NOTE: For operation with the -48VDC input module, the G2 1000 Series Rack Extension is required to allow DC power cabling to be installed.
CAUTION: If a third-party rack is used, observe the following additional requirements to ensure adequate airflow and to prevent damage to the equipment:
- Front and rear doors: If your server rack includes closing front and rear doors, you must have a minimum of 65% free area compared to the total area of the door evenly distributed from top to bottom to permit adequate airflow.
- Front door: The clearance from face of rack to inside of the front door must be a minimum of 77 mm (3 in).
- Rear door: The clearance between the rear of the enclosure and the rear rack door must be a minimum of 175 mm (6.9 in) to accommodate system cabling.
- Side: The clearance between the installed rack component and the side panels of the rack must be a minimum of 70 mm (2.75 in).
- Width: 483 mm (19 in)
- Depth: Maximum clearance between front and rear RETMA rails is 864 mm (34 in). Minimum clearance for round-hole racks is 627 mm (24.7 in). Minimum clearance for square-hole racks is 635 mm (25 in).
- The rack must be able to accept the adjustable rack rails that are shipped with each enclosure: − Minimum rail length: 635 mm (25 in) − Maximum rail length: 864 mm (34 in)
CAUTION: Always use blanking panels to fill all remaining empty front panel U-spaces in the rack. This arrangement ensures proper airflow. Using a rack without blanking panel results in improper cooling that can lead to thermal damage.
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
- Type: BladeSystem Enclosure
- Model: BLc7000
- Blade Servers (8)x BL460 G7
- Power Supply (6) 2400W AC Power Supply
- Power Cords (6) C19-C20 Power Cords
- Cooling Fans (10) Cooling Fans
- Processors (1) E5620 2.5GHz CPU
- Storage (2)x 146GB 15K 6Gbps HS SAS Hard Drives installed
- RAM (2)x 4GB PC3-10600 DIMMs
- Built-in Devices: Status LCD, HP Onboard Administrator with KVM option
Not the exact configuration you’re looking for? Contact Us for a custom configuration!